North American Made.
And only from Columbia Forest Products and distributed by Packard Forest Products, Inc in Columbus Ohio
The original cost-competitive decorative hardwood plywood without the formaldehyde. PureBond® is Columbia Forest Products’ exclusive formaldehyde-free innovation for hardwood plywood manufacturing.
Replacing traditional urea formaldehyde (UF) hardwood plywood construction with soy-based PureBond enables Columbia to eliminate any added formaldehyde from standard veneer-core and pMDI composite hardwood plywood core panels. That’s great news for our employees, our customers and the air we all breathe.
When we say PureBond technology is “formaldehyde-free“, we’re describing the way our hardwood plywood panels are comprised of no added formaldehyde components and assembled with no added formaldehyde adhesives.
Columbia’s formaldehyde-free decorative panels are also compliant with the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, earning one point for LEED’s EQ Credit 4.4 for Low-Emitting Materials: Composite Wood, and satisfy the emissions standards of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Phase 2 regulations.
Less cost, more benefit
What really makes PureBond special is that it’s cost-competitive with the standard UF construction of most decorative veneer-core hardwood plywood that’s made today. That means PureBond is substantially less expensive than many other no-added-formaldehyde alternatives currently available.
Additionally, PureBond is even more water resistant than UF panels. PureBond panels with formaldehyde-free technology have out-performed UF bonded panels in all moisture degradation tests. This award-winning innovation can be yours for what you’d pay for traditional veneer core hardwood plywood options.
- PureBond® technology utilizes formaldehyde-free, soy-based assembly technology
- PureBond® technology significantly reduces interior formaldehyde emissions in comparison with UF technology
- PureBond veneer-core panels are cost-competitive with traditional panels made using UF construction
- Panels are made in the US and Canada
- PureBond panels contribute towards the LEED® IEQ Credit 4.4 for Low-Emitting Materials: Composite Wood
- Panels can be specified as FSC® certified upon request
- PureBond with pMDI bonded MDF and Particleboard centers is available upon request
- PureBond is manufactured exclusively in North America by Columbia Forest Products and distributed by Packard Forest Products, Inc.